In a move that surprises no one, fuck-your-fanart has moved on to fuck-your-fanart-lives.
Just go to http://www.tumblr.com/ignore and enter that name and avoid tags. #thumbsup
Can whoever is posting Sherlock spoilers on Tumblr please stop - you’re ruining it for the fans.
It’s been an emotional past twenty-four hours. Where we should have been excited & celebrating the fact Sherlock is back (& it’s amazing!), we were all besieged by anger, hurt, & confusion. And while none of us ever want it to happen in this way, we all came together in support. Why? Because Fandom is a community. It’s a family. We have our fights, just like any other family, but even when one of us is embarrassed or targeted in a horrible way, we all come together.
Frankly, that is a lovely thing. We’re all connected by our love and we celebrate that love by creating fanworks. All sorts of fanworks, and there is NO wrong type of fanwork. Ever. Even the kinkiest or smallest things are right for someone, and you know what, good on them.
We want to celebrate this. We want to celebrate Fandom, especially the Sherlock Fandom which is a power in its own right. We’ve waited years, but the creativity never stops. Seriously, the amazing things that you all create is astonishing: from fics to art to knitting to games to projects… it’s incredible.
So we want to know…
What does Fandom means to you?
What does Sherlock mean to you?
Record yourself, either in video or audio format, and send the files to email@example.com. You can also write something on a piece of paper and take a photo and send it along. Please send things along by December 21st.
- Please send audio files in either .wav or .mp3 format.
- Please send video files in anything but .MTS, because decoding them is a bitch.
- You can send things via dropbox, yousendit, etc, that’s fine.
- Please be aware that you can send as much as you like, but things will be edited/cut to make the final video and audio montage. So try to be concise.
- If you’re sending a photo, please take it in good light and have it as HQ as possible.
- If you wish to be identified, please include your username, twitter handle, etc etc. If not, no worries.
As ever, any questions, just ask. We hope to get this out before the new year, as a celebration of everything we’ve all gone through before we cap it all off with a brilliant start to Series Three.
Love You All,
Sherlock: Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman open up about new series (via The Showbiz 411)
Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman talk about the new series of Sherlock (via The Showbiz 411)
|—||We kindly request that any recordings of yesterday’s Sherlock post-screening Q&A are removed - permission was not given for the session to be recorded. Many thanks (via bbcone)|
Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Steven Moffat, Amanda Abbington and Mark Gatiss at our #Sherlock screening today:
We’ve joined forces with Confused.com to make an estimate of just how much it would cost to live in 221B Baker Street - read on with the infographic below to discover all…
Brought to you by Confused.com
Pas si pauvres que ça nos deux compères…
Okay, so Amanda Abbington has been getting a lot of hate and even death threats because of her upcoming role as Mary Morstan in Sherlock. No one deserves that, and especially not Amanda.
So, we’re going to create a video to send to her!
You may be asking, “How can I get involved?” Here’s the answer:
- Send in a short video or picture of yourself in support of Amanda. The deadline is Christmas day. Send it in to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reblog this post to get the word out. Even if you don’t have time/aren’t able to participate, maybe someone else will!
- A video will be made and sent to the lovely Amanda to show her that we appreciate her and can’t wait to see her in the show.